The Rideau Curling Club offers Little Rocks, Bantam, and Junior Curling programs for ages 7-19. The intent is for everyone to have fun, drink hot chocolate, and learn to curl properly. We always make space for new members.
- The kids come to have fun while they learn to curl properly!
- Returning players must register and pay before playing. New members can try one or two times before deciding. (Less pressure:-)
- Curlers should dress warmly and must have clean indoor sneakers, or curling shoes. We have slip-on sliders for those who do not have one. We have some brooms available.
- Those who plan to continue are encouraged to buy their own sliders and lighter brooms, available from the Rideau Pro Shop or many other locations.
- Helmets are recommended, especially for new curlers under 10. We will be on ice, which is slippery. Better safe than sorry.
- Parent involvement is encouraged: from on-ice help to hot chocolate.
- A bonspiel sign-up sheet will be posted throughout the season.
- Arrive early so we are ready to go on the ice at 1:00. We will end at 3:00.
- Session Approach: (Varies from week to week)
- Skills Component
- Hot Chocolate / Snack (warm-up) Break
Sundays from 1:00 – 3:00PM
Oct 2 - Registration and first lesson
Oct 16,23,30 - Regular curling
Nov 12 - Saturday: Rideau Little Rock Novice Spiel -separate registration
Nov 6,13,20,27 - Regular curling
Dec 4,1,18 - Regular curling
Dec 18 12:00-3:00 - Pizza Party and Curling
Dec 25-Jan 1 - No Curling - Holidays
Jan 8,22 - Curling - Start second half of season
Feb 5,12,19,26 - Regular Curling
Mar 12,19,26 - Regular Curling
Apr 2 12:00-3:00 - Last day of curling – Pizza Day!